I had been away from the Beauty blogging world for a few months, so I wasn't sure what this "new" product trend/hype, BB Cream
was. Was it a tinted moisturizer? Would the shade be right for me? Would it be very moisturizing for my dry skin, especially during the winter months?
Look no further.... Marcelle is launching the 1st CANADIAN made BB Cream
Moisturizing skin care, tinted corrector and make-up base all in one, Marcelle® “BB” stands for Beauty Balm, as it truly enhances your natural beauty.
How can Marcelle BB Cream be used? 1) Use as a corrective tinted moisturizer
2) Use it alone or over your moisturizer to unify your complexion.
3) Use it as a make-up base under foundation for total coverage and improved stay-on power.
I was sent a sample of Marcelle BB Cream in Light-Medium. Since I didn't want to just have my thoughts I decided to also get a little help from someone (who was also curious when they saw the bottle)... my mom :)
- 2 shades available: Light-Medium, Medium-Dark
In previous experiences from other brands I've always had more misses than hits on finding the right shade. Offers self-adjusting pigments to adapt to any skin tone. This shade works out for the winter months but I will be making a purchase for Medium-Dark my Asian skin tans easily ;p
- Comes in an air-less tube with pump! No more pouring to much and wasting product. I found I needed to use just half-a-pump to give my face some colour.
- No SPF :( , therefore no a "white-case" on face
- Light-weight or as my mom described it a "cool" feeling like nothing was there
- Didn't transfer to my clothes
- Even out skin
- Controls shine, going from extreme cold to heat while my mom was working in the kitchen throughout this our faces remained matte and shine free :)
- no scent :)
- didn't cake, I have dry skin whereas my mother has oily skin... BB cream looked the same throughout the day
Cherz face (slightly pink)
Marcelle BB Cream applied | after even out skin :)
|Cherz' Mom: notice the sun/age-spots on her cheek :(|
|After Marcelle BB Cream Light-Medium is applied. Sunspots are almost gone|
Arriving to stores February 6, 2012 - but you can order yours now online directly from Marcelle at shop.marcelle.com
Sold at its regular price of $22.95, shipping is FREE with any purchase over $25.00 before taxes